Re: Shouldn't go app-defaults in /etc/X11?

Hi!

Ok, you (Michael) made me change my standpoint. It's propably better to
consider app-defaults as part of the code and then it's ok if it stays
under /usr.

BTW, I just did a `grep app-defaults *.conffiles' in /var/lib/dpkg/info
and discovered, that there are a few packages specifying the app-defaults
file as conffiles (also in my xblast package--I will fix it). I'm not sure
if we should report this as bug.

You mentioned the file debian.readme and it was pointed out, that the
passage about app-defaults is too short. How about an improvement (too
avoid threads like this ;-) :

Please note that this distribution expects you to leave app-defaults
files unchanged. The app-defaults files are considered as part of the
code. That's why the directory is located in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 instead
of /etc/X11. If you want to customise your X applications globally, put
your customisations in /etc/X11/Xresources.

Cheers,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@debian.org,