Re: ELM and PGP

joost witteveen:
> BTW, I'm _not_ saying there's something wrong with the way Larz
> signs. I'm just noticing a pattern

I share the office with God[1], of course there isn't anything
wrong with my signatures.

The problem with my signatures is the I'm using the new PGP/MIME
draft-RFC, while elm probably only understands the older
application/pgp proposal (or plain PGP messages). PGP/MIME separates
the text and the signature in two different MIME parts. Among other
things, this makes it possible to read MIME-typed PGP-signed messages
with MIME-capable but PGP-uncapable readers such as Pine. Linus
used to hate my mail before I started to use PGP/MIME. Another bonus
is that it is possible to sign a multipart message (attachments),
without making things unnecessarily complicated.

See http://www.c2.org/~raph/pgpmime.html for info on PGP/MIME.

BTW, Tove is the only person allowed to call me Larz. :)