texbin postinst in unstable fails

I installed debian 1.1.8 on another pc, using dpgk-ftp to
retrieve all necessary packages, from stable & unstable.
Firstly, I noticed that when installing a large number of
packages on the system, the unpacking of some of them fail,
complaining that some lib or another is missing. This has
already happened twice before, on two other machines.

Second, and for the first time, texbin postinst fails,
complaining of missing man.fmt. I had to manually comment
out the postinst script.

Finally, elm, in this new installation, has no ispell option
in mailing menu, whereas on my other machines it does.

Help would be appreciated.

*** Debian Linux, the choice of a GNU generation ! ***