Re: libg++-2.7.2.deb is old?

From: Amos Shapira <amos@dsi.co.il>
> In order to test a local copy of buzz-fixed before burning it on a
> CD-ROM, we tried to run "dpkg --root=... --unpack", just to see if the
> files aren't corrupted.
[...]
> Selecting previously deselected package perl.
> Unpacking perl (from .../devel/perl_5.003-2.deb) ...
> dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute new pre-installation script: No such
> file or directory
> dpkg: error processing yigal/debian/buzz-fixed/binary-i386/devel/perl_5.0
> 03-2.deb (--unpack):
> subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 2

It's complaining that it can't find the interpreter for the pre-installation
script in the perl package.

Install the base system on the disk before you unpack packages to it.
The best way is to do it via floppies the way one would normally install
a system, as everything will be configured
properly. You might try to extract disks-i386/current/base1_1.tgz there
instead, but that will not completely configure the system so some stuff
might still break.

The libg++ doesn't compile with the ELF libc. That's why it's in that
state. I'm not sure what's happening with this - whether there is a
maintainer working on it or if we're just going to wait for GNU LIBC 6.

Watch out for dangling symbolic limks. It's best to test an install from
your CD-writable pre-master using the "dselect" program. Another company
got burned by this recently and had to replace 50 CD-writables.

	Thanks

	Bruce