Re: char-major-10

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Boris Beletsky wrote:

> bruce> [...] Do this command:
> bruce>
> bruce>	ls /dev |grep "10,"
> bruce>
> bruce>and you will see those devices - you are trying to open one of them.
> bruce>Perhaps one of the mouse interfaces?
>
> -----<cut here>------------
> sim:~# ls /dev | grep "10,"
> Exit 1
> sim:~# ls /dev | grep "10"
> [lots of crap]
> -------<cut here>----------
> so is it "10," / "10" ?
> and i am not sure how can i find the solution to this prob.
> I think i missed somthing. can u plz tell me what exactly device i should
> create?
>
> thks alot

The command is kinda wrong.  See this:

marvin:~> ls -l /dev | grep 10,
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       10,   3 Jan  1  1970 atimouse
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       10,   4 Jan  1  1970 jmouse
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       10,   0 Jan  1  1970 logimouse
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       10,   2 Jan  1  1970 msmouse
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       10,   1 Jan  1  1970 psmouse
marvin:~>

> borik

Vad.

Vadik V. (_`    vadik@arbornet.org  http://www.arbornet.org/~vadik/
Vygonets (_.lf  PGP public key (ID 9FC1DED9) available from surfnet.nl
Linux hackers are funny people: They count the time in patchlevels.