Re: char-major-10

On Sun, 8 Sep 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

bruce>You are running kerneld. You go to open a character device with major
bruce>number 10. There is no driver for the device and kerneld tries to load
bruce>it. Do this command:
bruce>
bruce>	ls /dev |grep "10,"
bruce>
bruce>and you will see those devices - you are trying to open one of them.
bruce>Perhaps one of the mouse interfaces?

- -----<cut here>------------
sim:~# ls /dev | grep "10,"
Exit 1
sim:~# ls /dev | grep "10"
fd0h410
fd1u1040
hda10
hdb10
hdc10
hdd10
sda10
sdb10
sdc10
sdd10
sde10
sdf10
sdg10
sdh10
tty10
xda10
xdb10
xdc10
xdd10
- -------<cut here>----------
so is it "10," / "10" ?
and i am not sure how can i find the solution to this prob.
I think i missed somthing. can u plz tell me what exactly device i should
create?

thks alot
borik

___