Re: A couple of Problems

On Sun, 8 Sep 1996, Jim Worthington wrote:

> I tried echoing messages from the /etc/X11/Xsession file.  I found that
> this
> file only gets invoked from xdm.  It does not get invoked from xstart or
> xinit.

You meant startx, not xstart.

> Since /etc/X11/Xmodmap is called from /etc/X11/Xsession, it also would
> not be
> invoked from xinit.

Same here.  Just put the line "xmodmap /etc/X11/Xmodmap" in your
.xsession, that's all you can do :)

> I prefer using xinit over xdm since I use several different windows
> managers.

So what?  Do you want to execute X without any window manager?  Just make
your .xsession look like this:

xmodmap ~/.anything
xterm -geometry +0+0

That's all!

Vad.

Vadik V. (_`    legolas@nether.net  http://www.nether.net/~legolas/
Vygonets (_.lf  PGP public key (ID 9FC1DED9) available from surfnet.nl
User Failure: Please Insert a Bootable Brain