Re: Latex: where to install new styles? Mf: how to muzzle?

Hi there

I normally assume that Latex should be installed in /usr/local/texmf
 where all the libraries and styles are included. for everything to work
perfectly you should add the proper paths in the /etc/bashrc or .bashrc

export TEXMF=/usr/local/texmf
export TEXINPUTS=.:$TEXMF/tex/latex2e//:$TEXMF/tex//

with these paths all the needed styles and defs are found by the system.

However and I dont know why linux distributions came with texmf installed
in the /usr/lib/texmf

which is almost the same thing.

so what I should do in your case could be one of the two following things:

 - reinstall the latex package in the /usr/local/
   and install the new styles in the styles directory inside texmf

   or go ahead and install the packages in /usr/local but create a
simbolic link in the styles directory inside /usr/lib/texmf where ever it is.

hope this helps

miguel