Re: newsgroup creation RFD - draft

 >> REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
 >>
 >> moderated group comp.os.linux.debian.announce moderated group
 >> comp.os.linux.debian.install moderated group
 >> comp.os.linux.debian.nontech moderated group
 >> comp.os.linux.debian.tech moderated group
 >> comp.os.linux.debian.changes

Wouldn't comp.os.linux.distrib.debian.* or something similar be
better? If users of other distributions decide that they'd like to
have newsgroups too, things would be pretty confusing with
c.o.l.{debian,redhat,caldera,slackware,craftworks,yggdrasil,wgs,
linux-ft}.* etc.

 BCW> newsgroups is a good idea.  As per my thoughts on splitting the
 BCW> list, I don't think "debian-user" should be split into three
 BCW> separate groups.

I agree with this. There are probably be many people who would be
able to help newbies, but who wouldn't read debian.install.

And isn't debian-devel the correct place for technical discussion, not
a new list or newsgroup?

--
Juri Pakaste/jurip@icon.fi