Re: newsgroup creation RFD - draft

>                 REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
>
>         moderated group comp.os.linux.debian.announce
>         moderated group comp.os.linux.debian.install
>         moderated group comp.os.linux.debian.nontech
>         moderated group comp.os.linux.debian.tech
>         moderated group comp.os.linux.debian.changes
>
> This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the reorganization of
> three large Debian mailing lists into newsgroups. This is not a Call
> for Votes (CFV); you cannot vote at this time.  Procedural details are
> below.

I think having these lists gatewayed to official "big-7" newsgroups is
a good idea.  As per my thoughts on splitting the list, I don't think
"debian-user" should be split into three separate groups.

Over 500 posts a day can come into groups like "comp.lang.c++" with
everything from newbies to experts and it doesn't get split up.  Threaded
newsreaders take up most of the slack, and make it much easier to manage
than your standerd (un-filtered) mail reader.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

 the difference between theory and practice is less in theory than in practice