Re: time to split the list?

On 06:20:26 Boris Yati Beletsky wrote:
>>On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:
>
>|>I would propose:
>|>
>|>	debian-install
>|>	debian-nontechnical
>|>	debian-technical
>|>
>it's a very good idea , but i don't understand whats debian-nontechnical
>would do?

Well, I don't like it.  I've learned alot from the dialog, but I must admit that
often you guys get talking about issues that are unique to the packaging
or something, and has nothing to do with the user.  Its more like the
maintainers often dialog here when that may be better done elsewhere.
Like, what I meant to do with this or that, but didn't have the time.....Then
the response goes, well, why not do it this way, and we're off....Maybe
there should be a separate debian-install, but the other stuff is pretty
much debian-user (minus the developer or maintainer nits this and nit
that) if you ask me.

Paul