Re: WABI

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Jim Worthington wrote:

> I stumbled across a newsgroup called linux.dev.wabi.  I didn't see any
> mention of wine, but I did get the impression that Sun wabi software was
> being recompiled for Linux.  At the time I thought that it was strange
> that Sun would release their source code but perhaps they were looking
> for beta testers.  It was late, I'm not really sure what I saw, but I
> thought that there were pointers to a Sun site, presumably to get the
> source code.

FWIW, I believe that WABI will be available for purchase from Caldera in
conjunction with their "Network Desktop" which runs on top of Red Hat
Linux.  WABI will not come with source code as it will not be free.  It
probably can run on Debian Linux, but Caldera will not support it on
anything other than their system.  Caldera has some documentation regarding
WABI for Linux on their web page.

Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.