Subject: dpkg-ftp or installing via FTP
Author:  debian-user@lists.debian.org at cclink
Date:    02.08.96 21:36

Hi guys,

I grabbed and installed dpkg-ftp. But I see no mention of any ftp usage
when I run dpkg --help.  Is there supposed to be a separate binary called
dpkg-ftp? Because I can't find any...

I'm trying to download the latest Debian distribution via FTP, but I've
had problems both with ncftp and with dftp. I was hoping dpkg-ftp would
be a better solution...

Another suggestion was to mirror debian. How much space is required to
mirror? Can a mirror be partial?

Lastly, once I've gotten all that's required from FTP, is dselect a good
method to use for performing the install?

Thanks,
Ricardo