Re: dpkg-ftp or installing via FTP

Thanks!

I've actually tried running dselect with ftp, but it didn't work.

It looks like my version of perl may have some problems as can be seen in
the error messages below. Since I'm still using Debian-0.93 and am trying
to upgrade, I'm not sure how to upgrade perl because all the packages in
the ftp site are newer packages dependent on newer libcs, etc.

I choose ftp under dselect, this is what I get:

Socket 1.3 required--this is only version (undef) at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/perl/Net/FTP.pm line 41
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/perl/Net/FTP.pm line 41.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/setup line 8.

query/setup script returned error exit status 2.

Any ideas/suggestions??

Ricardo