Re: Netscape Library Error (netscape without .deb)

> However, given the amount of problems seen recently on the list about Netscape,
> and matching the right debian Netscape package with the right Netscape tar
> file, let me tell you how I do it for myself without netscape.deb package.

There are no problems.  People just have to be a little patient while
I get around to building the latest version and while Debian gets it
into their distribution.

> 1) I have /usr/local/bin/netscape as a script:
>
> #! /bin/sh
> # netscape startup script, to get around uggly config problems
>
> XKEYSYMDB='/usr/local/lib/netscape/XKeysymDB'; export XKEYSYMDB
> XNLSPATH='/usr/local/lib/netscape/nls'; export XNLSPATH
>
> exec /usr/local/lib/netscape/netscape $*
>
> 2) I make a directory /usr/local/lib/netscape where I put the
> netscape-vxxx.tar.gz file
>
> 3) cd /usr/local/lib/netscape; tar -zxf netscape-vxxx.tar.gz

There are a few problems with this...

1)  Java will not be functional.
2)  Debian "mime-support" will not be supported by default

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )