Re: Debian quirks?

From: Vebjoern Forsmo <vebjorn@hsr.no>
> /etc/inittab:
> 1:2345:respawn:/bin/login root </dev/tty1 >/dev/tty1 2>&1

Login does have a built-in 60-second timeout at the "password:" prompt,
and might have a timeout at the "login:" prompt too, I don't remember.

If you run a more normal getty/login on this terminal, you won't have the
problem. If you insist on doing it this way, you might have to hack the
source code if you can't find a solution in the login man page.

> Several programs seems to prefer /tmp over /var/tmp.

/tmp should probably be a symbolic link to var/tmp .

	Bruce