Re: Don't use Matrox cards (Was re:dosemu)

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Richard G. Roberto wrote:

>         RedHat Picasso comes with a single CPU license for Metro X.  I know
> because I have a copy and Metro X runs great on my RedHat box.  The only
> reason I can see them giving out a single license copy is if it's a full
> relase of Metro X's server.
>
>                 hope this helps...
>                                                 Mike

Ah, this may have changed.  When 3.0.3 was out in beta, the
Metro X server was also beta.  The Xfree beta drivers blew
it away in performance tests posted on Xfree's web page.
I know this because I was looking for an alternative to
Slackware for my home machine and looked into RedHat and
Debian both.  When I asked Redhat about the Metro X server,
they said it was a beta server that had a lot of debug code
in it, thus the slow numbers.  Do you know how the full
release performs?

By the way, I recieved your message and it looks like it
came from me!  The X-Sender: has mike@mail.okinternet.net in
it but there is no "From" field (no colon).  That's strange.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
201-739-2886 - whippany, nj

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.