Re: Netscape Library Error (netscape without .deb)

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Jean Orloff wrote:

> 1) I have /usr/local/bin/netscape as a script:
>
> #! /bin/sh
> # netscape startup script, to get around uggly config problems
>
> XKEYSYMDB='/usr/local/lib/netscape/XKeysymDB'; export XKEYSYMDB
> XNLSPATH='/usr/local/lib/netscape/nls'; export XNLSPATH

Do those XKeysymDB and XNLSPATH really provide something useful or have
you used them only because they are provided ?

Reason for wondering this is that for sometime, I used to untar those
netscape packages and copy only netscape image to /usr/local/bin. Later I
have started to copy that java_30 to /usr/local/lib/netscape, even though
I have Java as disabled. Anyway, so far I haven't got any error messages
and I am using pretty much default Debian package (compiled FVWM '95 and
done some work on Xresources, but only for Xterm and Emacs).

--
Juha 'Ylis' Ylitalo	Juha.O.Ylitalo@ntc.nokia.com		<work e-mail>
+358 0 511 23313	http://www.helsinki.fi/~jylitalo	<public www>