Re: mailagent and MH

Hi Michael --

You said:
> ... is it not true that by using mailagent wisely one should be able
> to avoid the use of inc altogether?

I've been tip-toeing my way forward with mailagent.  My ~/.rules file
currently disposes of only a few of the mailing lists I'm on,
and only those for which I don't get much mail, and I have already
learned from some mistakes I made in it.  As you probably know,
mailagent places messages that aren't matched by anything in ~/.rules
into a mailbox-style file, which must be inc'd in order to be used by MH.

Yes, I can now write a ~/.rules file that would automatically move
otherwise-unmatched files into +inbox.  But the fact that I've now seen
mailagent + MH do at least one simple operation in an unexpected and
unpredicatble way suggests to me that simply refiling unmatched messages
just papers over a flaw which will reveal itself later as a loss of mail.

Dubious (but marginally open-minded),
Susan