Re: How do I get GATEWAY2000 PS/2 mouse to work ?

As Mark Rahner said:
> Todd, I'm sure that you're the neatest computer guy on your block, but
> I think that you missed the original poster's point.  Users shouldn't
> have to recompile their kernels to get their PS/2 mice to work.  Such a
> requirement is enough to keep many potential Debian users from successfully
> making the leap from MSStuff to Debian.

I will unfortunately continue this thread with nothing but opinions. I
think that any person wanting to run Unix on their own computer should be
able to 1) download files, 2) uncompress and untar files, 3) type 'make
config', and the least 4) make a boot floppy. They don't even have to
understand LILO.

Making a new kernel is not that difficult.

--gilbert
Gilbert Ramirez Jr.                     gram@merece.uthscsa.edu
University of Texas                     http://merece.uthscsa.edu/gram
Health Science Center at San Antonio    University Health System