Re: How do I get GATEWAY2000 PS/2 mouse to work ?

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Gilbert Ramirez Jr. wrote:

> > I think that you missed the original poster's point.  Users shouldn't
> > have to recompile their kernels to get their PS/2 mice to work.  Such a
>
> I will unfortunately continue this thread with nothing but opinions. I
> think that any person wanting to run Unix on their own computer should be
> able to 1) download files, 2) uncompress and untar files, 3) type 'make
> config', and the least 4) make a boot floppy. They don't even have to
> understand LILO.
>
> Making a new kernel is not that difficult.

1) and 2) are a big problem if like me you only set up the machines with
very small linux partitions. I've been setting up several student PCs here
with Debian for use just as X terminals, which only have small hard disks,
and still need DOS & windows.

Ben McKeegan
Assistant Computer Officer
Fitzwilliam College,