Re: GCC frepo patch don't work.

I don't remember anyone responding to this.

Jimen Ching writes:
> 	I've just installed debian linux 1.1 from Iconnect.  I am working
> on a C++ project which depends heavily on the use of templates.  Thus, I
> would like to use the -frepo patch from Cygnus.  The installed gcc/g++
> doesn't seem to have been patched correctly.  At least the 'ld' is not
> working as described by Mumit Khan.  I.e. the patched 'ld' was supposed to
> do a recompile/relink process.  This was never done and I get lots of
> unresolved symbols.  Mumit Khan sent me some binaries about a year ago for
> the Slackware distribution I used back then.  I tried moving the files
> over to my current system, and things seem to work ok.  But I am getting
> another error message from the patched 'ld'.  This time, it says it can't
> find one of my header files.  I.e. the header file which contained my
> class definition could not be found.  This error is produced while in the
> recompile/relink phase (using Mumit's binaries).
>
> Has anyone ever tried the -frepo feature?  It is actually patched in?
> Using the switch to g++ doesn't tell you anything since g++ ignores
> arguments it doesn't understand.  This feature is very important.  I can't
> continue my project without it.  Please help, thanks in advance...

No, Debian's gcc does not include the -frepo patch.  Unless their is
heavy demand for it by Debian users or H.J. Lu includes it in his
general Linux versions, I have no plans to add it.  Until that happens
you'll have to get the Debian source and patch it yourself.  It isn't
that hard.

David