GCC frepo patch don't work.

Hi all,
	I've just installed debian linux 1.1 from Iconnect.  I am working
on a C++ project which depends heavily on the use of templates.  Thus, I
would like to use the -frepo patch from Cygnus.  The installed gcc/g++
doesn't seem to have been patched correctly.  At least the 'ld' is not
working as described by Mumit Khan.  I.e. the patched 'ld' was supposed to
do a recompile/relink process.  This was never done and I get lots of
unresolved symbols.  Mumit Khan sent me some binaries about a year ago for
the Slackware distribution I used back then.  I tried moving the files
over to my current system, and things seem to work ok.  But I am getting
another error message from the patched 'ld'.  This time, it says it can't
find one of my header files.  I.e. the header file which contained my
class definition could not be found.  This error is produced while in the
recompile/relink phase (using Mumit's binaries).

Has anyone ever tried the -frepo feature?  It is actually patched in?
Using the switch to g++ doesn't tell you anything since g++ ignores
arguments it doesn't understand.  This feature is very important.  I can't
continue my project without it.  Please help, thanks in advance...
--jc
--
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching@aloha.com     wh6brr@uhm.ampr.org