GCC frepo (continue)

Oh, one more thing.  I wanted to check whether I'm still on the
debian-user list.  I sent a help message to the request robot, and got
back intro instructuions (subscribe/unsubscribe).  I wanted to know what
are the available commands to list the subscribed users.  How do I get
this info from the -request robot?  Most other mailing lists (using
listserv) has this info in the intro document.  Also, since I couldn't get
the help page, I don't really know if I'm subscribed.  I guess this
message will decide which.

And one more thing, I have a wish list.  It would be nice if the install
procedure does not waste it's time testing each an every package in a
directory and displaying it.  I.e. dpkg -iGROEB goes through the entire
directory and displaying the selecton status.  This is slow and painful.
I don't see why the dpkg program can't scan the entire directory and
create a list of all installed packages and display it in sorted order.
Then it would go through the list of selected packages remaining which are
marked 'not installed' and just install those (in sorted order, at this
point, the section really doesn't matter does it?).  There are 450+
packages.  I've only installed about 100 or so.  I don't need dpkg to
display the 300+ packages that I've marked as 'deselected'.  Was this
supposed to be a feature?

--jc
--
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching@aloha.com     wh6brr@uhm.ampr.org