Re: Problems with aha1542.o ...

On Aug 13,  8:09am, Richard G. Roberto wrote:
> Subject: Problems with aha1542.o ...
[snip]
: I did an strace -f on it and it seems that its
: unable to find its irq.  I can't find any way to pass a
: parameter to the module to tell it what irq I'm on (10)!

You can include the IRQ using a comma, as in:

  append = "aha1542=0x234,10"

It took me a while to search this down, but the documentation (thanks
to LDP) is available at:

  http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/BootPrompt-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.2

The syntax for the 'aha1542=' line is:

  aha152x=iobase[,irq[,scsi-id[,reconnect[,parity]]]]

This should, at minimum, allow you to include the IRQ.

I hope that helps!

Chris -)-----

crh@nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services