Problems with aha1542.o ...

I posted earlier about this, but I have more info and it
seems to be specific to this module and not lilo.  I had to
change my base_io from 330 to 234 to accomodate my MPU-401
interface on the Audiotrix Pro card.  This works fine under
DOS/WIN with a "/P234" switch at load time for the driver.
The analogous entry for the aha1542.o module is a lilo
parameter "aha1542=0x234".  I've added this to the top of my
lilo.conf file with 'append = "aha1542=0x234"' but I still
get errors.  I tried doing depmod -a (which showed some
unresolveable symbols in sound.o :-() and modprobe but no
luck.  I did an strace -f on it and it seems that its
unable to find its irq.  I can't find any way to pass a
parameter to the module to tell it what irq I'm on (10)!

I took the advice from someone on the list and checked out
/proc/... but there are no conflicts there (I suspected
not).  I plan on upgrading to kernel 2.0.12 in the next few
days, but this module hasn't changed at all (I think the
sound.o will be fixed though!).  If this magically fixes
anything, I'll let you guys know.  In the mean time, anyone
got any ideas?  The load time error I get is this:

Initialization of aha1542 failed
scsi_mod: Device or resource busy

which is pretty general.  I can send the strace file to
anyone willing to have a look.

Thanks in advance!

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
201-739-2886 - whippany, nj

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.