Complete Lockups

> Has anyone else experienced complete lockups of the system?
> It has happened a few times to me, and it doesn't even let me
> telnet or rlogin to the machine.  So far this has happened
> only under X and when using mailtool over remote connection.

> Other info:
> 	Using fvwm2
> 	ne2000 card is loaded to 0x300
> 	using a substitute nfs.o module (thanks to Lazaro :)
> 	many relative symlinks broke during install
> 	 due to e.g. moving /usr onto another partition

Yes, this has happened to me about three times in as many weeks.  The only
constant that I've noticed is that it was always when I was in X.  I'm also
using fvwm2.  I've been attributing the problem to the fact that I'm using an
alpha-test version of the X server, but maybe not.

-Randy
P.S. (apologies for the long anti-spam message, but until moneyworld stops
filling my inbox with repeating trash, it appears to be necessary.)
--
http://cogsci.ucsd.edu/~gobbel/

NOTICE: I DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL MESSAGES OF ANY KIND.  I
CONSIDER SUCH MESSAGES PERSONAL HARRASSMENT AND A GROSS INVASION OF MY
PRIVACY.  By sending unsolicited commercial advertising/solicitations (or