chat bugs

>> - If I put "quiet" flags (\q) on both my username and password strings, it
>> only recognizes the first one, i.e., it puts my password into the log file!

> I have only one \q for my passwd, and it's in the log file too :-(.
> Yves.

I'm still scratching my head over the other oddities, but I've solved the "\q"
problem: first, it turns out that the switch is a toggle!  So, if you put two
"\q"'s in your script, the first one turns on quiet mode, the second one turns
it off!  This is basically a bug in the documentation, which makes it sound as
if you should put a "\q" at the start of each string you don't want logged.  I
put a \q at the start of my username only, and now both it and my password
show in the logs as "??????".  Second, you need to put the whole string in
single quotes, or the '\' character will be snarfed by the shell, and the
wrong string will be sent to the host.

-Randy
--
http://cogsci.ucsd.edu/~gobbel/