Re: chat bugs

I'm still unsuccessfully fighting my chat problems reported over 2 weeks
ago. For memory:

# pppd connect 'chat -v ....'

fires ppp OK,
starts chat OK,
dials the correct number,
waits for '00',
find it in the 'CONNECT 28800' response from the modem

Then the chatscript sends a character over the line, and hopelessly waits for
the reply (a login prompt): just as if the line beyond the modem was cut.

I call this a chat problem because I can successfully do all this using
minicom, suspending minicom without reset, and start pppd without connect
option.

People suggested this could be a problem with my serial line configuration, but
no: I get the same problems if I just use minicom to setup the line, suspend
and fire pppd/chat.

With all the recent discussions about diald, I'll check there isn't an
interference coming from diald, but I am pessimistic.

If I had courage, I would rewrite a chat clone in Perl...  But this problem has
cost me about 15h playing around during the last weeks, and my faith in myself
and debian is declining...

Amities,

		Jean Orloff
+ Tel:(33)50.09.16.75  Fax:(33)50.09.94.95  http://lapphp0.in2p3.fr/~orloff/ +
In a Rhodes tailor shop:
       Order your summers suit.  Because is big rush we will execute
       customers in strict rotation.