  From: hmmahone@mobility.com (Mahoney, Hugh M.)
  Subject: dns

  I would like to set up a dns on linux.  This  name server will serve a
  private domain encompassing a wireless network.

  I will very shortly have dial-in access to a ISP to provide internet
  visibility to wireless network users.

   Is it possible to configure a  private dns to resolve a name query and in
  the event the query fails  forward the query to the Internet Service
  Providers domain name server ?   Private names must be  resolved locally by
  the linux dns and never require resolution over the internet.

  The private domain,  at this time is not recognized by the internet
  community and names specific to the private domain cannot be resolved.  Each
  private name would  be entered manualy into a  private dns cache.

  Any suggestions ?