dns

I would like to set up a dns on linux.  This  name server will serve a
private domain encompassing a wireless network.

I will very shortly have dial-in access to a ISP to provide internet
visibility to wireless network users.

 Is it possible to configure a  private dns to resolve a name query and in
the event the query fails  forward the query to the Internet Service
Providers domain name server ?   Private names must be  resolved locally by
the linux dns and never require resolution over the internet.

The private domain,  at this time is not recognized by the internet
community and names specific to the private domain cannot be resolved.  Each
private name would  be entered manualy into a  private dns cache.

Any suggestions ?