Re: Problem installing with NCR 53c8x0

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Larry Riedel wrote:

> I am using the boot floppy from the 1.1 distribution.  I have an
> ASUS P55T2P4 (Triton II) motherboard with the ASUS SCSI adaptor
> (NCR 53c8x0) and a generic ISA VGA video card.  The motherboard
> has an onboard floppy controller, etc.
>
> Here is a piece of the boot messages:
>
>    NCR53c406a: no available ports found
>    PPA: unable to initialise controller at 0x378, error 2
>    scsi : 0 hosts.
>    scsi : detected total

This is NOT the driver for a NCR53c810 Chip used on ASUS SC200 etc.
There is currently no support in Debian for this actually popular card.

YOurs,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: zxmmz01@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de            //
//    http://www.schwaben.de/linux                        //
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in
whole or in part.   License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft
for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.