Re: rlogin localhost

  Mark> Why was this?  Is there something I need to do to allow rlogin
  Mark> connections, or doesn't it make sense to rlogin to localhost?
  Mark> (Nor can I do telnet, finger or ftp - I can do ping though.)

Maybe the services are commented out in /etc/inetd.conf?

I think ping uses the echo protocol which is built in to inetd, so
maybe the entries in /etc/inetd.conf that say to run telnetd, rlogind
and similar stuff are wrong?  Check the file and see if you have the
executables in the right paths.

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.