Re: DEBIAN Linux on floppy disks

Fritz Ilg wrote:

> Hi Debian Linux users:
>
> I am a Linux novice and I have a Slackware Linux distribution installed
> on my Toshiba 105CS Satellite, which works fine. I am planning to install
> DEBIAN Linux on to my Laptop. Unfortunately I have no CD-ROM drive avail-
> able with this Laptop which make this attempt impossible.
> I have one CD-ROM with the DEBIAN Linux distribution on it. As I am able
> to run this CD on a Windows-based PC-System WIN95 on a seperat computer I
> thought it might be possible to make floppys, like I did with the
> Slackware distribution. I soon realized that a lot of files are too large
> to fit onto the disk.
>
> Is there anybody out there ...who can give me some advises how I can
> solve this problem.
>
> Many thanks to all of you.
>
> Fritz Ilg

I did my first install from CD-ROM by bringing the hard drive to my
WIN95
workstation. I used the rawrite.exe program from dos to make the install
floppy set. Then I put the target drive in as drive "C:" and installed
Linux on it. Of course, the laptop disk drive might be incompatible with
the workstation disk controller.

If that won't work for you then tell us more:
Do you have any way of connecting the machines?
ethernet? serial ports? parallel ports?

Paul Wade