Re: Packages need libc.so.4

"Larry Loos" <Larry@showme.net> writes:

> I'm doing my first install of Debian Linux using the 1.1-Beta. I have
> the initial system installed and now I'm trying to install the
> packages that I want.  When I tried I got many errors that say it
> needs libc.so.4. Where is it?

Where did you get the packages you're installing?  Most of the new
packages depend on libc5, the ELF libc.  It should have been installed
when you upgraded to Debian 1.1.  If you have old packages which
depend on libc4, and you still need to use for some reason, you can
get the libc4 (not libc4-dev) package from the development tree.  It
provides libc4 binary compatibility.

--
Rob