Re: login and bash on a hardwired terminal.

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Steve Preston wrote:

> >From bash or whatever shell, you can try saying
>   stty cs8 cstopb

Ok! We are narrowing the field.

The above command locks up the terminal big time, but...

stty cs7 cstopb

fixes it!

Now the question is: How do I get login to leave the stop bits alone?
I can put the above command into .bashrc, but this will not fix login and
I will still get the bunged password prompt.
Looks like it's time to talk with Guy :-)

Thanks for all the help,

Dwarf