Re: login and bash on a hardwired terminal.

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Guy Maor wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>
> > I installed ncurses-term-1.9.9e-1.deb but when I do the toe above I get:
> >
> > infocmp: can't open terminfo file BUGS.
>
> toe is Table Of Entries.  It just lists all the available terminfo
> entries with a description.
>
> If you ran it with no options and it gave you this error, that means
> you have a file called 'BUGS' somewhere in your /usr/lib/terminfo
> tree.  toe couldn't parse it because it wasn't a terminfo file.
>
> Go look for this file BUGS, and see what package is generating it.
> It's not in ncurses-term-1.9.9e-1.

Here's the 'ls -a /usr/lib/terminfo'

.
..
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
terminfo

> Regarding your terminal, match the model # with one of those terminals
> and use that as your TERM setting.

I looked in /etc/termcap (is this the right place?) and found dg460-ansi.
When I added this to the line in inittab for getty and -HUP init the
results of the login are exactly the same.

Am I doing this right? It acts like the termtype is being totally ignored,
or at least not passed to login and bash.

Is there any way that I can check the termtype of this process from the
console? That is, can I find out what termtype the bash on ttyS1 is from a
root login at the console?

TIA,

Dwarf