Re: login and bash on a hardwired terminal.

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> Here's the 'ls -a /usr/lib/terminfo'

Why did you send me that?  The BUGS file is probably in one of those
subdirs.  Since I don't want an ls -R /usr/lib/terminfo in my mbox,
I'll reveal the magic incantation 'find /usr/lib/terminfo -name BUGS'.

> I looked in /etc/termcap (is this the right place?)

no.  ncurses uses terminfo.

> Is there any way that I can check the termtype of this process from the
> console?

cat /proc/xxx/environ | xargs -0n1
will you show you the environment of pid xxx.  grep for TERM.

Guy