Re: login and bash on a hardwired terminal.

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> I installed ncurses-term-1.9.9e-1.deb but when I do the toe above I get:
>
> infocmp: can't open terminfo file BUGS.

toe is Table Of Entries.  It just lists all the available terminfo
entries with a description.

If you ran it with no options and it gave you this error, that means
you have a file called 'BUGS' somewhere in your /usr/lib/terminfo
tree.  toe couldn't parse it because it wasn't a terminfo file.

Go look for this file BUGS, and see what package is generating it.
It's not in ncurses-term-1.9.9e-1.

Regarding your terminal, match the model # with one of those terminals
and use that as your TERM setting.

Guy