Re: PPP problem w/ 1.1 install

Hi,
>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk> writes:

Ian> On the contrary, we should not require people to follow this
Ian> method, especially when it's easy not to make this requirement.

Ian> Packages which need a particular kernel or kernel feature to run
Ian> correctly should test for the kernel version of feature in the
Ian> postinst (or in the preinst, if the package being broken is a
Ian> serious problem for the whole syste, for example for a base
Ian> package).

Ian> dpkg --compare-versions (implemented in dpkg recently) should
Ian> work on kernel version numbers, provided that pre-2 does actually
Ian> return 1.99 or whatever in uname.

	Ok.  Since I'm temporarily managing diald, I'll remove the
dependency in a release I'll make tonight (I hope), and add a check in
the installation scripts if needed (I'm not sure it is needed).

	manoj

--
"I don't believe in sweeping social change being manifested by one
person, unless he has an atomic weapon."  -- Howard Chaykin %%