Re: PPP problem w/ 1.1 install

> > Is there a Debian-ized package of this kernel or are Debian testers
> > expected to grab the "raw" source?
>
> There is indeed a Debian-ized version of the kernel. The package is called
> kernel-image.

But is there a "self-compiled-kernel-image"?  At least the new "diald" (in
Incoming) depends on "kernel-image".

If I recall, some other package used to depend on the image but was changed
to check the kernel version in the preinst script.

So...  Should there be a restriction against listing the kernel-image as
a dependancy in another package?

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )