Re: Linux, GNU and Emacs 19.31

Rick Macdonald:
> Someone recently posted a long patch file to fix the spelling of Linux
> in Emacs 19.31. Well, I just had a look and it is not a spelling
> mistake: it is quite intentional. "Lignux" is GNU's new short name for
> a "Linux-based GNU system".

Rick,

Calling it a "spelling mistake" was tongue-in-cheek.

The Debian Project's policy is to remain aloof from this particular fight.

Rather than take this up on debian-user, I invite anyone concerned to write
me directly at Bruce@Pixar.com . I am the decision-maker where this issue is
concerned.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
	Debian Project Leader
--
     Clinton isn't perfect, but I like him a whole lot more than Dole.

Bruce Perens AB6YM          Bruce@Pixar.com            http://www.hams.com/