Re: PPP problem w/ 1.1 install

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian C White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

Brian> But is there a "self-compiled-kernel-image"?  At least the new
Brian> "diald" (in Incoming) depends on "kernel-image".

Brian> So...  Should there be a restriction against listing the
Brian> kernel-image as a dependancy in another package?

I don't think packages should `depend' on kernel-image.  I don't have
kernel-image installed although it is listed as `essential'.  I boot
into Debian using loadlin and sometimes floppies.

--
Billy C.-M. Chow          billy.chow@eng.ox.ac.uk          Debian Linux