Re: which..

Can I suggest we change it to the slightly more friendly...
--Michael

#!/bin/sh

com=$*

type -path $c
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        echo "$0: ${c} not found"
fi

"Rob Browning says:"

> R> Is the command "which" available in any of the debian releases?  I
> R> haven't seen it yet in 0.93R6 though I don't have everything
> R> installed so I may have missed it.
>
> I would say that Debian needs a FAQ for this, but after the new
> release is out it'll be irrelevant.  The upcoming 1.1 release has
> which.  It's just a bash shell script that calls bash's built in type
> command:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> type -path $*
>
> --
> Rob

Michael Karafotis				karafoti@pencom.com
Member, Pencom Systems Administration		On-Site: Fidelity FMR Corp
http://www.ari.net/webworks/karafotis/		(617) 563-3692
"The more I look at it, the more I like it ............. I do think its good!"