Re: network with ETHERLINK 3

  >I am unable to configure my system with a EtherLink III ( 3C509B-TP ).
  >Does any body had this kind of problem before.

I have heard several times that this is due to the card's support for
Plug'N'Play. You can get around this either by booting to DOS first
and loading the drivers for the card, which will set its IRQ and
interrupt address (I do this), or else by turning off Plug'N'Play in
the card's NVRAM, using one of the disks that came with the card.

The latest Linux drivers for this card do support Plug'N'Play, but until
you know you have them, the techniques above should work.

Dan Halbert