Re: Sendmail Log

>> I'm not sure I understand the situation. Can you provide an excerpt of your
>> sendmail log where this has occurred?
>
> I guess the receive lines are logged from the stand-alone SMTP-Server to a
> rotated logfile, the delivery-requests are logged into the correct one by
> runq. Think there is a kill -HUP missing in the savelog for sendmail? (Dont
> know, I prefer smail).

Sendmail logs messages via syslog. By default, I believe syslog routes mail.*
messages to /var/log/daemon.log, and this is rotated weekly by
/etc/cron.weekly/sysklogd.

If you've changed your syslog configuration, you'll have to do something about
rotation yourself.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by `runq'.

--
Robert Leslie
rob@mars.org