Re: 1.1 X setup default: bs/del don't work with motif apps.

G> It's interesting that people are having problems now with Motif
G> apps, because suddenly, my problems with Motif apps have been
G> magically solved.  That is, the backspace key now works correctly
G> for both Motif and non-Motif apps.  Previously, if I wanted the
G> backspace key to work correctly with Motif apps, I would have to
G> map it to backspace (where the default was mapped to delete).  But,

I've always had some magic in my Xdefaults for Motif.

*XmText.translations: #override\n\
      <Key>osfDelete: delete-previous-character()
*XmTextField.translations: #override\n\
      <Key>osfDelete: delete-previous-character()

Without this, things were kind of screwy.  I've never investigated
what it does or if I still need it.  Someone just told me when I was
getting started with Linux, "You need this in your Xdefaults for
Motif." so I added it and went on.

--
Rob