Re: 1.1 installation notes.

> I just installed the beta debian 1.1, over a very old Slackware
>system (I'm going to update a debian 0.96 system soon, using
>floppies no less).

>I used .deb files that I had ftp'ed on April 26, but the
>boot,root,base disks I freshly ftp'ed.

>It went very smoothly.

>One trouble is that I find the dselect "Select" screen confusing.
>Admittedly, It is not immediately obvious to me which line is the
>"selection".  Also I was surprised, the first time I used dselect, to
>see each section (admin, doc, text, etc.) show up multiple times.

>I would prefer not starting in a split-screen mode here.

     The deselect/select application does wonderful things. However with
     sophistication comes complexity and confusion, and this package can be
     confusing - to a new user or someone coming from the slackware
     environment.

        It would be nice if the package could appear more visually
     inutative. Obviously with losing any of its functionality. I have
     found the dependancy list to be a bit confusing also...

     However - I think the overall package is GrEaT !!! Everyone take a bow
     for your exceptional efforts...