configure sendmail in Debian
- To: Debian User Mailing List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: configure sendmail in Debian
- From: gli <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 14:57:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Message-id: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.960506144316.3762Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
I am using Debian 1.1 beta. When I do dpkg --configure sendmail, I get a
error message saying that /etc/sendmail.cf is not avaiable. Then I do
dpkg -s sendmail and found that sendmail is half-configured. While I am
reading some document on sendmail, could anyone show me the steps so that
I could have sendmail up and runing as quickly as possible. I am connect
to an ISP using PPP, and is not using UUCP yet.
I have a few questions.
1) It seems that sendmail is invoked by cron once every 30 second, can I
just start sendmail by hand?
2) How do I create the /etc/sendmail.cf file?
3) There is a directory /usr/lib/sendmail.cf, how do I make use of it?