Re: disabling daemons from init.d

	To: Ed Donovan <edonovan@world.std.com>
	Subject: Re: disabling daemons from init.d
	Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 10:49:57 -0400
	From: Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@lot49.med.miami.edu>
	cd to /etc/init.d, chmod -x whatever, where whatever is the script you
	want to turn off.
	If it's not executable, it won't get run.
	"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."
Excellent, I'll buy that.  If it throws up any error messages, are they
trivial?  (I'm sorry; I should just check myself, but my Debian machine
isn't my network connection, so I'm bouncing back and forth, and try to
look ahead.)  Thanks,

Ed Donovan			edonovan@world.std.com