Re: disabling daemons from init.d

	To: Ed Donovan <edonovan@world.std.com>
	Subject: Re: disabling daemons from init.d
	Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 10:49:57 -0400
	From: Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@lot49.med.miami.edu>

	cd to /etc/init.d, chmod -x whatever, where whatever is the script you
	want to turn off.

	If it's not executable, it won't get run.

	Mike.
	--
	"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."

Excellent, I'll buy that.  If it throws up any error messages, are they
trivial?  (I'm sorry; I should just check myself, but my Debian machine
isn't my network connection, so I'm bouncing back and forth, and try to
look ahead.)  Thanks,

Ed

Ed Donovan			edonovan@world.std.com